These 2018 KCLGA General Competition Conditions are ONLY APPLICABLE to the Winter 4ball competition, which runs from September 2018 to April 2019.
For all 2019 competitions the 2019 KCLGA General Competition Conditions apply.
- All Competitors must have a CONGU Competition Handicap and the Club they represent must be affiliated to the KCLGA. No player may represent more than one club during the course of the competition.
- Please note that no substitutes or replacements are allowed for any Finals.
- Please check that you are available on the date of the Final before submitting your entry form.
- If you have absences for more than three consecutive weeks you should not enter the Competition.
- It is recommended that the competition organiser for each event is a competitor in the competition.
- Players must be able to produce an up-to-date Handicap Certificate for all meetings, whether part of a team or in individual matchplay.
- Players must have a competition handicap.
- By entering a competition you agree to your details being held by KCLGA.
- Winners of all competitions are responsible for the cost and engraving of the Trophy
- Seeding for all competitions: Club Winners and Runners-Up will be seeded in the draw if they take part the following year. Pairs in the Coombe Cup, Winter Fourball, Holland Trophy will be seeded provided both players remain the same.
- Entries must be emailed to the Competition Secretary/Organiser (email address on each form).
- Entries can be sent in at anytime prior to the competition closing date. There are no “window” dates for entry.
- Start sheets will be emailed out unless otherwise requested and a SAE (size 9×4) is provided. Start sheets are also posted on the website.
- If there are too many entries for any meeting the Committee have agreed that there will be a ballot on the closing date.
- Anyone cancelling their entry within two weeks of the competition will forfeit their entry money.
- If a member or her partner cancel after the closing date, she must find her own replacement and the Competition Secretary shall be informed without delay.
- If handicaps have changed between the entry of the competition and the day of the competition the player will play off their new handicap. If all divisions are held on the same day her score will be counted in the division appropriate to her current handicap. If divisional meetings are not held on the same day then the player plays on the day of their original entry date but with the new handicap. Anyone can play for a divisional scratch prize if one is available.
- In Ladies Foursomes, ties will be decided for the aggregate on the afternoon round.
- In the event of a tie in all County competitions, the cups, trophies and prizes will be taken by the winner, decided upon the last 9. 6, 3, 1 holes, except in the Championship which will be decided on the last 18 holes and thereafter 9, 6, 3, 1 holes. If this count back does not provide a winner then the trophy will be shared.
- Golf Carts/Buggies): Only allowed on production of a medical certificate or if the player is over 80 (subject to the Club’s availability) and the County Organiser must be notified.
Important information for junior competitors
For competitors under 18 years of age on the day of the competition the parent/guardian must have completed an Annual Junior Player Profile Form (valid from 1 September – 31 August) and Code of Conduct for Children, without which the entry cannot be accepted. These forms are available here.
Single figure handicap players
Lady Captains please give details of:
- single figure handicap players to Vice Captain seniors over 50 in single figures to County Training Officer
- junior members, to the County Junior Organiser