I hope you all had a fantastic month of July and enjoyed The Open. A special mention must be given to our own Alfie Plant, a member at Sundridge Park GC, who finished with the Silver Medal as Leading Amateur.In this month’s update:
• England Golf Member Benefits Programme – What would you like to see included?
• Raising the profile of Golf’s volunteers
• Passion for Elite Coaching? Apply to be an England Golf South-East Region U16 Girls Coach.
• Trial Memberships – Do you do them? What are your thoughts on them? An article by James Wilkinson from Albatross Digital Golf.
England Golf Member Benefits Programme
Did you know that England Golf has a Member Benefits Programme (MBP)? It’s free to all members of an affiliated golf club. All they need to do is to sign up via www.englandgolf.org/members
Current benefits include:
• Up to £300 a year off Golf Holidays with Your Golf Travel
• £25 cash back off ETIQUS watches
• 20% off all Virgin Experience Days
• 50% off RAC Rescue
• 25% off Trion:Z health & wellbeing products
• 10% discount when shipping your golf clubs with BagSOLO
• £1000s worth of giveaways including £150 worth of golf balls fortnightly, a chance to play with top players including Lee Westwood & Charley Hull and tickets to big events
• Free official personalised CDH card
Please make sure your members are aware of the MBP. Feel free to include details of the MBP and how to sign up to it in your next member communication. If you haven’t done so already, you can add these to your existing benefits of being a club member.
We are always looking to grow and develop the MBP, so please contact me with ideas on what you would like to see included in the programme as a benefit.
Raising the profile of Golf’s volunteers
With one of the largest volunteer networks in all of sport, we are looking to reward and recognise some of the hard work that our 40,000-plus volunteers do on a daily basis in our industry.
If you know of a Junior Organiser, a Captain, a Membership ‘Buddy’ or anyone else in a volunteer role that is having a positive impact and would be willing to share their work, I’d really like to hear from you.
Sport England has recently refreshed the volunteering section of their Club Matters platform to aid clubs to find, keep and develop their volunteers. The website includes some new insight and guidance so is well worth looking at – https://www.sportenglandclubmatters.com/club-people/volunteers
Passion for Elite Coaching?
Apply to be an England Golf South-East Region U16 Girls Coach.
Click http://www.englandgolf.org/vacancies and scroll to the bottom of the page for more details.
The closing date for applications is 17th August so if you’re interested, be quick!
Trial Memberships – Do you do them? What are your thoughts on them? An article by James Wilkinson from Albatross Digital Golf.
Trial Memberships are a much discussed topic. James Wilkinson, shows with statistics that Trial Memberships have a number of benefits and can work.
If you would like to discuss the idea of implementing a trial membership, please contact me and I would be happy to help.
As always, many thanks for reading.
Club Support Officer